MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
Bagnaia Warns of Huge Tyre Drop Despite Ducati Dominating Mugello Friday

Five Ducati riders filled the Mugello top six on Friday but Francesco Bagnaia left practice with a clear warning. Bagnaia said Mugello suits Ducati and his riding style perfectly, but his main concern is the soft rear tyre, adding that the drop was huge and very unexpected, and that the grip level appears worse than last year. Di Giannantonio led the timesheets. Aprilia’s Bezzecchi and Martin were seventh and eighth. Marc Marquez returned in 14th.

MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
Marc Marquez Sets Expectations Low for Mugello MotoGP Comeback

Marc Marquez is heading to Mugello with clear expectations managed. The reigning champion said he is proceeding with all due caution ahead of the Italian Grand Prix and that his main goal is to test his actual feelings and physical condition aboard the Desmosedici, adding that Mugello is an incredible but very demanding circuit. He must pass a medical check on Thursday before being cleared to race. Marquez won both the sprint and grand prix at Mugello last season.

MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
MotoGP Italian Grand Prix 2026 Full Schedule and How to Watch

The seventh round of the 2026 MotoGP season takes place at Mugello this weekend, with Bezzecchi leading the championship by 15 points over Martin heading into Italy. Alex Marquez and Johann Zarco are confirmed absentees after their Barcelona crashes, with Marc Marquez still awaiting medical clearance to race. UK fans can watch on TNT Sports from £27.99 per month. The MotoGP Video Pass costs €29.99 per month. The Harley Davidson Bagger World Cup also makes its first Italian appearance at Mugello.

Advertisement
Ad · racing60.com
MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
Rossi Absence Hurting MotoGP in Italy Says Ducati Team Manager Tardozzi

Ducati team manager Davide Tardozzi has admitted MotoGP is losing ground in Italy. Tardozzi said the fact that Valentino Rossi is no longer on the grid is a problem, describing him as a star and a hero even for grandmothers who made sure people watched MotoGP. He also pointed to pay television as a contributing factor, noting that MotoGP has lost market share in Italy in recent years. He added that Formula 1 ticket prices are higher yet grandstands are full from Friday morning, which makes him wonder if MotoGP is making mistakes somewhere

MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
MotoGP 2027 Season Launch Set for Miami as Liberty Eyes US Market

MotoGP will hold its 2027 season launch in Miami, Florida, with teams and manufacturers already informed of the plan. The event leaves Asia for the first time after Bangkok hosted the inaugural launch in 2025 and Kuala Lumpur staged it in 2026. Liberty Media wants to grow MotoGP in the United States as it did with Formula 1, though the Miami event will require significant extra investment from teams and manufacturers. No race confirmed yet.

MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
Marquez On Mugello Entry List as Medical Clearance Awaited

Marc Marquez is targeting a return to MotoGP action at this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix at Mugello. The reigning champion’s name appears on the provisional entry list, but he must pass a medical check on Thursday before being cleared to race. Ducati have everything ready for his return, having not placed him under any pressure to come back before he is fit. Marquez currently sits ninth in the championship, 83 points behind leader Bezzecchi. Mugello could change everything.

Advertisement
Ad · racing60.com
MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
Binder Says It Looks Like He Will Stay on MotoGP Grid for 2027

Brad Binder has broken his silence on his 2027 MotoGP future. The South African said it looks like he will keep his place on the grid but that he is not yet in a position to confirm anything. With KTM signing Di Giannantonio and Alex Marquez for the factory team, Tech3 is now Binder’s most realistic option, with other candidates unavailable after Bastianini moved toward Trackhouse and Holgado chose Gresini. A factory career over. A grid place still possible.

MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
Gigi Dall’Igna Says MotoGP Must Reward the Best Team Not Penalise It

Ducati’s engineering chief has gone on the attack over MotoGP’s concessions system. Luigi Dall’Igna said MotoGP must find the right balance between entertainment and sport, comparing the concessions system to handicapping a pole vaulter by giving them a shorter pole. He said in pure sport concessions would not even be conceivable, but that MotoGP is also entertainment and some compromises have to be made. Ducati’s 88 race consecutive podium streak was ended in the opening round of 2026 by Aprilia. Gigi is not happy.

MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
Liberty Media Told Ducati 2027 Rider Plans Are Bad for MotoGP

A paddock insider has told Liberty Media that Ducati’s plans for their 2027 MotoGP roster are not healthy for the sport. The factory Ducati squad locked down reigning champion Marc Marquez to a new contract while pairing him with Pedro Acosta, making it the most powerful rider pairing on the grid. No manufacturer has yet signed a commercial agreement with Liberty Media beyond 2026, with Aprilia, KTM and Yamaha boycotting a special Jerez event as a show of opposition to Liberty’s current offers. The sport’s power balance is under scrutiny.

Advertisement
Ad · racing60.com
MotoGP ⚡ 60 Word News 3 months ago
Could Jorge Martin Be Even Harder to Handle Than Quartararo at Yamaha

Yamaha have been frustrated by Fabio Quartararo’s public criticism of their V4 project throughout 2026. Team principal Paolo Pavesio feared a big mess if Quartararo spoke to the media after certain races, given the frustration he has shown towards the manufacturer. Quartararo has since acknowledged he cannot always be angry and has adopted a calmer approach in recent rounds. The concern now is that Jorge Martin, who arrives in 2027, could prove an even more demanding personality if the Yamaha V4 does not deliver results quickly.