Marco Bezzecchi wins the 2026 Italian Grand Prix at Mugello, his fourth victory of the season. The Aprilia rider made a superb start, survived a Bagnaia challenge in the middle stages and pulled clear after reclaiming the lead at Turn 1 on lap 14. Jorge Martin completed another Aprilia 1-2. Bagnaia held off Ogura for third. Bezzecchi leads the MotoGP championship and now has home victory to add to his 2026 story.
Andrea Iannone scored a maiden win on his debut in the Harley-Davidson Bagger World Cup at Mugello, marking his return to the MotoGP paddock. The Italian raced for Niti Racing on a machine based on the Harley-Davidson Road Glide, producing over 200 horsepower and capable of speeds up to 300 km/h. His last podium at Mugello came in 2016 with factory Ducati. Ten years later, back on the same circuit. Back on the top step.
Jorge Martin made history at Mugello before the sprint wheel had turned. Martin broke the all-time MotoGP top speed record at Mugello during qualifying, surpassing the previous mark through the circuit’s famous long straight. The Mugello main straight has always produced the fastest speeds in MotoGP. Martin pushed it to a new level entirely. He then backed it up by finishing second in the sprint. A record and a podium on the same afternoon.
Marco Bezzecchi delivered a qualifying performance that silenced the Ducati-dominated paddock. The championship leader smashed the all-time Mugello lap record in Q2 to head an all-Aprilia front row, with Raul Fernandez second after coming through Q1 and factory teammate Martin third. Reigning champion Marc Marquez returned to fourth on the grid, joined on an all-Ducati second row by Aldeguer and Bagnaia. Aprilia had reversed the Friday order completely. The Mugello crowd noticed.
Raul Fernandez kept factory Aprilia rider Jorge Martin at arm’s length to win the Mugello MotoGP sprint, a fortnight after their controversial Barcelona collision. Martin finished second with Di Giannantonio completing the podium. Bezzecchi took fourth, then Marquez, Aldeguer, Bagnaia, Ogura and Acosta completed the points. Moreira rounded out the top ten. Fernandez wins. Aprilia fill the top two. The most awkward team relationship in the paddock just got a lot more interesting.
Fabio Quartararo heads to Q1 at Mugello after one of his worst Friday performances of the season. Quartararo crashed at Turn 4 bringing gravel onto the track and causing a red flag, then suffered another scare moments after the restart. He said the feeling with the bike was not great, that he was very slow yet completely on the limit, and that the weekend had begun worse than he expected. Quartararo was over 12km/h down on KTM’s top speed through the Mugello straight.
Five Ducati riders filled the Mugello top six on Friday but Francesco Bagnaia left practice with a clear warning. Bagnaia said Mugello suits Ducati and his riding style perfectly, but his main concern is the soft rear tyre, adding that the drop was huge and very unexpected, and that the grip level appears worse than last year. Di Giannantonio led the timesheets. Aprilia’s Bezzecchi and Martin were seventh and eighth. Marc Marquez returned in 14th.
TT 2026 sidecar teams will receive a share of this year’s prize pot following the suspension of the entire class from the event. Former Radio TT commentator Tim Glover contacted the Isle of Man Enterprise Minister and received confirmation that prize money will be split between all entrants. The suspension followed two serious qualifying incidents involving Maria Costello and the Crowe brothers, with a technical and operational review concluding the class could not continue safely. A parade lap proposal has been put forward but not yet confirmed.
The Isle of Man TT Races have confirmed the passing of Daniel Ingham following an incident during Wednesday evening’s qualifying session at the 2026 Isle of Man TT. Daniel was making his TT debut this year having competed at the Manx Grand Prix since 2016, claiming a number of podiums and winning the prestigious Senior Manx Grand Prix in 2024. He had over a decade of experience on the Mountain Course. Our deepest condolences to his family, loved ones, team and friends.
The Sidecar class has been suspended for the remainder of the 2026 Isle of Man TT Races following a technical and operational review. The decision by organizers follows successive red-flag incidents in the opening qualifying sessions. Implemented strictly as a precautionary safety measure for competitors and spectators, the historic class will take no further part in this year's event.

